Sun, 11/29/2015 - 12:40 — HR777
- Degree or diploma in Mechanical Engineering, Materials Engineering, Industrial Design or related disciplines
- 2 - 3 years AUTOCAD design experience in a manufacturing industry
- Creative problem solving skills
- Preferably with knowledge on 3D printing technique
Responsible for the design and development of products for manufacturing which include but are not limited to plant pots and table wares.
- Conduct research, initial concepts and create new product design proposals.
- Prepare 3D drawings, 3D CAD models and test prototypes for products according to existing market trends.
- Liaise with suppliers and sales team to ensure technical drawings are fully feasible, optimised and best suited to customer applications.
- Review prototypes or discuss required design modifications with sales team.
- Identify, select materials and list cost needed for production.
- Analyse designs for proper fit and function, using CAD tools or calculator to ensure design and documentation of new and existing product meets established performance and quality standards.
- Assist in any ad-hoc tasks or project that may be assigned from time to time.