Greenyield Latex Coagulant is used for coagulating latex in the field or in rubber processing factories. It is normally added to latex cups in the field to accelerate the coagulation of latex thus minimizing wash out losses from rain interference. It is very profitable to be used in fields where the crop is collected as cup lumps or as poly lumps in poly bags with reduced frequency of crop collection and stimulated fields where there is prolonged late dripping of latex and no second collection of crop is carried out. It is very effective in expediting the process of coagulation of bulked latex in coagulation tanks in rubber processing factories.
Greenyield Latex Coagulant has the following distinct advantages over currently used coagulants (e.g. Formic acid):
- Coagulation is rapid, occurring within 15 minutes of addition with the process being very uniform.
- Due to rapidity of action crop losses are minimized in the event of rain immediately after completion of tapping.
- Cup Lumps produced have less odours and thus more pleasant to handle.
- Residual serum in the latex cups after removal of cups lumps is not harmful to the bark or roots of rubber trees because it is not acidic.
- No risk of damage to freshly tapped bark arising from splashing of acidic coagulant during dispensation of coagulant into latex cups.
- It is safer to handle with less risk for users from unexpected accidents.
Greenyield Latex Coagulant is a new latex coagulant suitable for coagulating latex in the latex cups. This coagulant may also be used for coagulating latex in the rubber factory.
- Coagulation is fast (within about 15 minutes) and very uniform.
- Reduce crop loss due to wash-out if rain falls shortly after completion of tapping.
- Cup lumps produced are not smelly.
- The latex cup serum is not harmful to the bark or roof of rubber trees.
Method of Application
- Mix 8 to 12 tablespoons (about 100 to 130 gm) of the Greenyield Latex Coagulant powder with 1,500 ml of water in a suitable bottle container.
- Shake the mixture well until all the powder is dissolved.
- Make a small hole at the center of the bottle cap.
- Pour 8 to 10 drops of the coagulant solution into each latex cup and stir with a small stick.
- The coagulant is best applied after tapping operation is completed in the task.
- Each bottle of 1,500 ml of the coagulant solution can be used for 180-200 trees.
- Label or paint contained or bottles used to dispense the coagulant mixture.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Avoid contact with eyes, skin or clothing.
- Wash hands thoroughly with soap and water after handling the latex coagulant.
- In case of eye or skin contact, wash with plenty of water and seek medical attention if necessary.